The Advanced Robotic Control (ARC) Group, part of the Robotics and Mobility Section at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California
welcomes applications for PhD-level research in robot learning, cognition and decision making.
The group performs research and develops technologies that increase robot autonomy and improve human efficiency in controlling multiple robots.
More specific, research includes the development of new concepts, algorithms, architectures and SW in one or more areas of autonomous decision-making and control, specifically in:
- Mobility Algorithms, planning and navigation for underwater, surface and aerial robotic platforms (3D, constraint, uncertain)
- Distributed reasoning and optimal control for multi-robots/multi-piece/
- Robot intelligence and behavior control
- Robot learning, cognition and decision making
- Human-robot interfaces and controls using biological signals
Required: Degree in Robotics, CS, EE or related area, highly motivated, demonstrated excellence in research, multi-disciplinary, team player.
Desired: PhD, experience with real robots, leadership skills, strong analytical/mathematical skills, record in establishing new business.
Outstanding candidates at any level of seniority are welcome to apply.
Please respond with resume, list of references, and statement of research interests, addressed to
Adrian Stoica, Ph.D.
Supervisor, Advanced Robotic Controls Group
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
MS 198-219, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, CA 91109